Nantucket Massage and Wellness Center Sanitization Protocols and Procedures
“Rachel Dixon is dedicated to providing a safe and clean environment for her clients and herself”
- We will be using the side door with the brick walkway. (The brick path in front of the building leads to my massage room.) Unless raining, your intake questions will happen outside where we can socially distance. Please wait in the white chair and text when you arrive. Cleaning protocols take the entire time.
- All clients must wear a mask (face covering) upon entering our facilities. If you do not have a mask, a mask will be provided. Masks must be used when face up during the massage. A pillow case face rest is available for a more comfortable, face down instead of mask option.
- Clients must wash hands upon entering the massage room. Hand sanitizer is to be used as needed and individual tissue packs given out.
- Extra safety glasses or socks are available to borrow should you want them.
- Clients must have quarantined for the appropriate amount of time if required to do so by the state before receiving massage.
- There is also a covid form to fill out for each massage. The form can be found from the email notification- click to change/edit- then FORMS. Thank you.
Rachel as Practitioner:
- Rachel will wash her hands immediately upon entering the massage room wearing a mask.
- Rachel will wear masks while in the massage room. A clean apron and clean shirt changed between each client.
- Disinfect all surfaces used by client and practitioner including headrest, chair, stool, waterproof table coverings, and doorknobs.
- Wash hands/arms immediately before and after every treatment.
- Clean and disinfect any tools used during treatment.
The Massage Space
- HEPA filters and Molekule air purifier will be running in the massage room at all times.
- Each massage table is fitted with a waterproof bio-barrier which will be disinfected between each client.
- Most fabric items have been replaced with plastic for ease of cleaning. Tubs are available for clothing. Carpet will be vacuumed with a hepa filter at the end of each day.
- All linens and blankets are changed between each treatment. The linens and blankets are cleaned and then placed in a plastic bag until use.
- Appointment times will be staggered so there is 30 minutes of cleaning done between clients. This includes disinfecting the high touch areas and cleaning the toilet seat.
- At the end of the day, additional cleaning will include vacuuming the floor and cleaning the bathroom.